Winter Weather Books
Winter is often thought of as a time of stillness and quiet reflection. But for children, it’s the season of catching snowflakes, building snowmen, and searching for the biggest hill in the neighborhood for a friendly sled race! To celebrate the season, we’ve curated a Winter Weather book list filled with wonderful titles to read by the fire with a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate.
These books complement many of the lessons in our Winter Weather unit. If you have not done so already, please join us over at Members’ Lounge for access to this unit and the rest of our online curriculum.
Here are some of our favorite Winter Weather books:
- Snowflake Bentley by Jacquline Briggs Martin
- The Story of Snow: The Science of Winter’s Wonder by Jon Nelson Ph.D.
- No Two Alike by Keith Baker
- Snow by Cynthia Rylant
- Forest Club Winter: A Season of Activities, Crafts, and Exploring Nature by Kris Hirschmann
- The Big Book of Snow and Ice by Stepánka Sekaninová
- Snowballs by Lois Ehlert
- Ready for Winter by Marthe Jocelyn
- Snow by Uri Shulevitz
- First Snow by Bomi Park
Be sure to check out our comprehensive list of Winter Weather Books too! Which titles would you add to the list?
* This post contains affiliate links.