Introduction to Simple Machines
Science is so fascinating because it is literally all around us, and simple machines are the perfect examples! We use them daily, often without even realizing it.
Enjoy the video below and have fun searching for simple machines in your homes and neighborhoods! Learn to see the world in a new way, identifying the simple machines that make up so much of what we use in our every day lives. Our full Simple Machines curriculum is available in the, Playful Learning Teachers’ Lounge.
Books to Inspire
- Simple Machines by Dana Meachen Rau
- Find Out About Machines by Chris Oxlade
- Experiments with Simple Machines by Salvatore Tocci
- Science Experiments with Simple Machines by Sally Nankivell-Aston
More to Explore
- EdHeads: online game identifying simple machines around the house
- Brainpop: Museum of Science and Industry online game creating simple machines to solve problems
- Learning Games for Kids
- Robot Factory: create robots using simple machines to complete a task