Audio Books for Kids
We adore audio books and have gathered a rather large collection over the last few years. Listening to audio books is a great way for young children to internalize the fluency and expression that comes from reading longer chapter books. It is helpful to have them follow along with a hard copy of the book, running their finger across the text as they listen.
Today I wish to share with you a collection of audio books that we have enjoyed as a family. We often listen to them at bedtime.
- Wildwood | Carson Ellis and Colin Melloy Performed by Amanda Plummer
- Under Wildwood | Carson Ellis and Colin Melloy: We are yet to listen to their book as we are still reading Wildwood. This series is aimed at a more mature reading age group, 8 plus. Little R has enjoyed Wildwood. We are taking it slowly and spending a lot of time immersing ourselves in the beautiful rich vocabulary.
- The BFG | Roald Dahl Perfromed by Geoffery Palmer: There is an entire series of Roald Dahl books as audio, which our six year old adores: Fantastic Mr Fox, Danny the Champion of the World (this is our favorite), The Magic Finger, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Enormous Crocodile
- The Magic Faraway Tree | Enid Blyton Performed by Kate Winslet: Kate Winslet does the most beautiful characterizations in this audio story. I could listen to her voice day in and day out, and her intonation is perfect.
- Lost and Found | Oliver Jeffers
- The Heart and the Bottle | Oliver Jeffers read by Helena Bonham Carter
- The Incredible Book Eating Boy | Oliver Jeffers
- The Gruffalo | Julia Donaldson
- The Gruffalo’s Child | Julia Donaldson
- Harry Potter | JK Rowling
- Brown Bear and Friends | Bill Martin, Eric Carle Performed by Gwenyth Paltrow
- We’re Going on a Bear Hunt | Michael Rosen
We hope you enjoy them as much as we have…