Rebecca from Thirteen Red Shoes is with us today to share some great new app recommendations for kids.
- Miximal and Drawnimal. Miximal is new on the app market, however Drawnimal has been around for awhile. I adore how both of these applications have a strong animal focus as well as education for little ones. Drawnimal encourages drawing animals after seeing the animation and learning letters of the alphabet and Miximal is all about mixing up animals to create a unique species! Adorable. Both are created by Yatatoy.
- Hip Hop Hen have a delightful early phonics series of three applications: ABC songs, ABC jigsaw and ABC tracing. All adorable in their own right and stand alone apps which also work well in conjunction with each other.
- Tap Tap Toink Tap Tap Toink is a musical puzzle for children. Precious and straight forward. This application is purely visual and auditory and has been created for the very young.
- Word Teller An app designed to encourage the listening of sounds and depicting a word form using color cues. You need to drag the letter/sounds to the correct place in the work shown at the top of each page.
- Endless Reader Endless Reader introduces sight words as part of an individual word and then as part of a sentence. The creators Originator Kids also have developed Endless Alphabet and Endless Numbers. These apps also have in app purchases when you want to add additional words or numbers to the package.
- Montessori Math (+ & -) and Montessori Multiplications. Les Trois Elles have recently released two new Montessori inspired applications. These apps are perfect for children who have advanced past one to one recognition and are looking for a little extra extension in this area. There are so many different options available to solve problems from games, quizzes, slate boards, bead frames and stamps. As you progress through the challenges, you accumulate a score which can then be transferred in the Monster Shop to creating your own monster. A lovely reward at the end of a hard math session at home!